BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sat. This is Day 4!

Today we got issued out ACU's, boots, dog tags, socks, patches, underwear, etc. The lines, like everything in basic... err... reception, were long and took forever.

It took until lunch, then the Sgt took us back to the barracks where we dumped our clothes and stenciled out duffel and laundry bags. After that, he released us until dinner, then after dinner we were released and he gave us permission to use our cellphones! Sweet!

Naturally, I took a photo of me in uniform and sent it to Emma and my parents. Hopefully she knows how to post it on the blog! [Working on getting it from my phone - Emma]

My squad mates... what to say about them... most are absolute retards. Others are assholes, we have one who admitted to smoking meth right before shipping here, and man, does he look it... and smell the part. No one can look at him while he's talking, that's how bad it is!

Out platoon guide is a pretty cool guy... he just doesn't know what the hell he's doing (like bringing the platoon to attention for a drill sergeant), and won't take anyone's advice. I hope we get a new one soon.

Overall, my platoon reminds me of a sort of real life "Bad Company" where everyone is either retarded, to proud to learn, or just plain lazy. We really do look like the worst platoon here.

For all the fuckups, though, there are a few shining starts. It's funny because you can tell they won't be getting us smoked nearly as much just by observing the way they are for a few minutes.

I'm really wanting to get started with basic. It will suck since I will be in pain, but also good because time will go fast and we'll be doing cool things.

0 comments: