BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Monday, January 25, 2010

January 21

This is the 3rd time I've written this letter. Every time I've started writing it, something comes up and I lose it. So, in order to avoid that, I'm writing it on this huge clipboard thing I bought at the PX.

I was really down yesterday. We did the pugil sticks on the 19th, and I sprained my wrist really, really badly. I mean it's so bad that I couldn't use the fucker. So, I decided that I should go get some X-rays to make sure that it wasn't broken.

When I got to sick call, I had to wait 4 freaking hours only for them to tell me that if I wanted X-rays, I would have to be put on a medical profile which would prevent me from graduating on time. So, I said screw that and am dealing with the pain. They did give me some Ibuprofen for the pain, but it doesn't help. Today it seems to be better, though.

On to happier subjects, tomorrow we go to th gas chamber. I'm starting to get a little more nervous, of course, it doesn't help that they have been playing videos of it all day. I think I'll be fine though. If thousands of people do it a year, then it's survivable.

We were supposed to go on our first field training exercise (FTX) today, but it's raining so they canceled it. Now we had basic rifle marksmanship (BRM) today, all day. It was interesting, but it was just what the name implies: basic. So tomorrow, before we go to the gas chamber, we are going to go on a 3-mile or so march. It'll suck, especially since we have to do another one so that we spend the night in the field. It'll only help us in the long run, though, so fuck it.

0 comments: